Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Here We Are!


Honest to goodness, I have no intention of blogging that much, but here we are at the hotel, and this bird out here in our super-lush courtyard won't shut up...when we looked up and finally saw the sucker, I realized it is a parrot? or maybe a parakeet? Anyway, here is a picture of heem (note the spanish accent on "him"). We flew in a couple hours ago and are already loving it. We had a chance to wander around the neighborhood and see a couple things (see pictures on our photo album). We have already seen a couple dozen different types of birds and a million different plants.

The courtyard I am in right now smells exactly like my old house in panama (Namely, the smell of rotten mangoes). As you can see from the pictures, our hotel is very well guarded (don't worry, Tami). And just to let you know, Linzee, we didn't even have to pass through customs, so we still have our antibiotic to prepare us for when the BU hits (that's a little acronym that stands for traveler's diarrhea--actually stands for Butt Urine--hey, I don't come up with this stuff).

I think we are going to like it here. I am a little worried, though, as I sit here typing this that either a mango, banana, or lime will fall on my head, as all three fruits are literally directly above me.

Oh, one other random thing before I wrap this one up and we go to meet our travel group for the first time. As soon as I got on the internet, everything instantly became Spanish. Yep, google, firefox, and picasa websites all talking to me in Spanish. Cool, huh?





Posted by Picasa

No comments: