Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stuck in Miami

Friday, July 13, 2007
12:53 AM

As I sit here at home in my new Ikea armchair I feel happy. It is about 1:00am and Haley and I have been putting together new Ikea furniture for the past couple hours. We purchased a table that goes against the wall (you know, those skinny ones--I don't know what they are called), and a island thinger to go in our kitchen. Ikea furniture has a way of keeping us up late at night.

We were supposed to get home yesterday. However, if you remember my previous post where I wrote about getting stuck in the Miami airport you won't be surprised that we once again got stuck in Miami. I don't know if I dislike the city of Miami more or American Airlines. Our flight home on Tuesday night was cancelled altogether and we had to spend the night in the airport to catch another flight home the next morning at 11:00am. Of course we could have gone to a hotel, but being cheap and adventurous, we decided to stick it out. I think Haley got about an hour of sleep and I got 5 (she did do a lot of reading and catching up with CNN).

I still have a good number of things I need to put together before I am finished with this years travel blog, but that will have to wait until I am more coherent. Other thoughts for future blogging:

• Michael Moore is the problem with healthcare statistics in America: Fat Americans cause our statistics to look bad because their lifestyles lead to early death, NOT access to healthcare.

• America is really rich.

No comments: