Thursday, June 26, 2008

Maximiliano

Heaven, we have arrived and thou art magnificent. It is about 7:00am local time here in Puerto Vallarta. I just woke up to the sound of thunder. There is a storm rolling across the bay here which is producing a good bit of lightning. Our Hotel is located right on the water with two incredible balconies that overlook our beach below and the entire bay. I wish that I were a better writer so I could more appropriately describe how awesome this place is. Haley found this place after many hours of pouring over the internet.

We are staying in a suite on the top floor of a hotel with only 7 rooms. As I said, it is right on the beach, though we do have to walk up and down about 5 flights of stairs to get there. They call the style of our hotel "Mexiterranean," which, while cheesy, is also appropriate. I think I'll just post pics so you can see for yourself how nice this place is. We were commenting on how in the states a place like this, on the beach, would probably easily go for over a thousand a night, but here it only cost about $180/night, shared between two couples.

Yesterday, after getting into town, we spent a couple hours at the beach in front of our house. It was Will and Paige's first time in the Pacific ocean - they weren't disappointed. after washing up in what has to be the nicest bathroom I have ever stepped foot into, we headed down to dinner. We went with the hotel's recommendation which was a little place about 10 minutes away, right on the beach. We watched an awesome sunset while eating shrimp tacos and Mahi filet. The food down here has yet to disappoint.

I'm kind of torn as to what we are gonna do here...part of me wants to go out and do all the activities we have planned and another part wants to stay here in the hotel all day. Today we booked a tour on a boat to take us out for some snorkeling. luckily it isn't until 2:00pm, so we will have the morning. We'll probably go into town and buy more stuff. Guadalajara ended up being expensive (and heavy), but I did get my tortilla press (solid mesquite) and a molcajete (mortar and pestle). I'll have to blog about guadalajara later.

2 comments:

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

I love the suite, very romantic looking! :) The pics. are beautiful as always

elizaf said...

Rob! This is Eliza (Holmes, now Fajen). I was Haley's friend and roommate at BYU. I hope you two are doing well. Will you give Haley my email address? eliza.fajen@gmail.com